Today was the first day we didn't have a meeting at 8:30. An extra half hour of sleep was a real treat after always going to bed a little too late each day.
I've been trying to follow different people during each day, to learn about their experiment and hopefully take a portrait. I took my third one today, of Christina in "the box" which is essentially a giant cold room for testing the effects of CO2 / ocean acidification on organisms. There are plexiglass boxes with various concentrations of CO2 being pumped into them. It's a very hot topic.
I got a ride to Bellingham with Dr. Sulkin, director of Shannon Point. It was nice getting to talk about my program. He's looking for more support, that way they could have more than one art student in the future, possibly applying to the NEA for help. He told me there's a similar program the NSF does in Antarctica, if any of you artists are interested in an art and science residency.
It's nice being home for a little while. Bryce and I went on a late night walk downtown in the rain, since the apartment was so warm and we just needed to get out.
 |
| This was in the women's bathroom at the Marine Chem Lab, since the 80s? |
 |
| Fat baby starfish. |
 |
| Christina playing with my camera in "the box." |
 |
| My office setup. |
 |
| Back in Bellingham, prepping croquet. |
No comments:
Post a Comment