Sunday, June 24, 2012

Playgrounds

Saturday was pretty relaxed around here. It seemed like it would be a nice day, but most of the afternoon was in a downpour. Bryce came to visit today, however, which really brightened thing up. It was nice getting to show him the people and atmosphere I've been telling him about. We were watching Dr. Who when he got in, sprawled on couches.

Most of our group - which consisted of everyone who didn't have a car - went to Brave today. Anna-Mai had her car, and Bryce and I had space in ours so we didn't have to call a $15 taxi. It was very pretty movie, and I was glad to see the trailers didn't give away the plot at all. The short was also very cute.

Spent the sunset at nearby Washington Park. I enjoyed their elaborate playground. Apparently, someone has redesigned the merry-go-round so you're clinging for dear life right from the get-go, so when you fly off you land on your feet. I foresee gnarly calluses by the end of summer.



2 comments:

  1. I saw some kids playing on a similar merry-go-round at a park in Coeur d'Alene this weekend only someone had lifted them up so they were sitting on the top! It looked really fun! Glad you're settling in and doing lots of exploring! Hope you get a darkroom figured out. -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a blast! I thought this one was a very clever design, but sounds pretty scary to be on top of it. It's a great group of people and there's so reason to be shy with us all living together.

    ReplyDelete