Thursday, June 21, 2012

Settling In

Being away from home and trying to find a routine in this new place, a lot of us seemed to be waiting for something today. After a morning of lectures, I spent most of my afternoon and evening in the common area, not sure what to do with my time and not being so stressed from the final weeks of school.

In the meetings today, we talked about chemical safety and lab precautions. Since I'll be developing color film, I need to get some MSDS from Jobo so the lab knows what I'm dealing with. Also for cyanotype, which I hope to teach a workshop on and play outside with the other interns. A lot of them even have pressed algae, Anna Atkins style.

We finally got some people to play games today. Jenga after lunch (and Dr. Who, which was fantastic and the first time I'd actually watched it..) then Pictionary after dinner. It was the first time Kalia - a student from LA - had played either of them! There were some pretty crazy plays in both. I toppled Jenga a round after it appeared to definitely be going down. And there's a lot of expectation for the art major in a drawing game. We did pretty well for ourselves.

The main building!
Kalia nervously taking her peice, Shad waiting to see if he will have to dread the tower.
Umi's jenga face, the turn before I knocked it down.
"Earthquake"

No comments:

Post a Comment