Cyanotype day today! Or, at least testing my chemistry. I have some left over from the photo lab I was checking before I mixed up my own kit, and it seems to be going strong. Umi and I coated paper -- I bought Strathmore 400 drawing paper, and I was a bit worried about it falling apart in the water since it's only an 80lb paper -- then Sarah, Shad, Anna, Umi and I went out to make some prints.
There's a nice porch off of the library and every though it was overcast the exposure looked good after 15 minutes. Shad printed with the diagrams of his anemone's movements, which looked like constellations. It's going to make a beautiful large scale print. I'm planning on doing 18"x24" prints in the end, with each person's portrait.
I'm probably going to have trouble keeping my large prints from wrinkling as they dry. Where's a giant stack of sound board when you need it?
 |
| Waiting for that sun. |
 |
| Surprises I get when I leave my camera in Umi's reach. |
 |
| Washing out their prints. |
 |
| Shad getting all the unexposed iron out. |
No comments:
Post a Comment