Monday, July 23, 2012

Homeward for the Weekend

I had a lovely weekend in Kitsap County, leaving me with three days worth of posting to do!

Friday:

I took Josh and Elizabeth's photos, two people I'd been meaning to track down. It was nice sitting with Josh for a while before his photo, since I hadn't gotten much of a chance to hear about his project. Telling me he "feels like the Hitler of Fucus" was a pretty good one.

I took Elizabeth's in front of an open incubator (like a giant fridge) so I hope the light doesn't blow out too horribly in the photo.

That evening, a group of us went to the Donut House (a 24 hour donut shop) then "cosmic bowling" downtown. I managed to get a strike amongst many a gutter ball. I think my Stallone in the Night tanktop was powering me.

I was also going to Kitsap that night for a random weekend home, so Sarah and I (who was going to Bothel) left at 10:30 to head south. It was really nice having someone to drive with. I dropped her off with her sister and continued on my way to the last ferry of the night. I missed the 11:45 by 15 minutes so I had to wait until 12:55. It was a long night to get to my bed at 2:30.

Slugs love it here. They should be careful climbing up the steps though.
Cosmic Bowling in Anacortes!
Anna and I.

Saturday:

Marilyn, Mom and I went to Bainbridge in the morning to catch the farmer's market and a fancy rummage sale. I drove so they just chatted on the drive, which was probably a nice break. It was a good morning for a drive and going to the market.

The sale we went to was pretty sweet. It was an old house that had lots of different vendors inside and out -- I guess this is a yearly event. I talked to a man with a table of antique radios and told his about Bellingham's radio and electricity museum. If you haven't been, it's awesome.

 We went to the Bonomi's for a barbeque that night, with Mom and Ryan. They've all been exchanging work. I graduated high school with their daughter Sophie, so it was nice getting to catch up with someone you know but never really got to know well. She's also studying photography, but at the Northwest College of Art and Design. I ended up staying later than mom - I just couldn't pass up dessert.

I missed the lake.
Flowers at the Bainbridge farmer's market.
We also went to a sale at a house with lots of different vendors.
BBQ at the Bonomi's with Toby too.

Sunday:

Lindsey, Eric and Caroline came over for a crepe breakfast. We had a great spread of fruit, yogurt, nutella and a yummy quiche Lindsey made. It was great getting to see them all and how big Caroline is getting. Shad came over in the afternoon to get a ride to Anacortes. He was visiting his Aunt and Uncle for the weekend, who happen to live right across the lake! We didn't realize or else he could have gotten a ride down as well.

I showed him around the house and yard, and the lake felt so nice I decided a swim before we leave was just too unbearable not to do. We both got on bathing suits and went for a dip. It was so nice! Being in the water again and the temperature.

One we got dressed and on the road we headed for a 2:30 ferry. I guess Sunday is a popular day, because we got stuck in a line that started at least a mile out of town. Missed the ferry, and the next one, putting us on the 4:00 boat. At least we made it to the waiting lot a bit after 3 so we could get lunch. Another long travel day, with Sarah also, who we got at the same drop off, getting us to Anacortes at 7.

Breakfast!
Caroline is getting so big and technically savvy. Or she just loves seeing how the photos of herself turned out.
Riding the ferry with Shad that we waited almost two hours for.


No comments:

Post a Comment