I found the Tommy Thompson trail, which is a paved path over railroad tracks that runs by the waterfront. There are a lot of boat shops in the way that prevented me from actually getting to the beach, but I found a nice field to walk in. I decided to pick a bouquet to occupy myself for my two hour wait, and I just can't help wanting to bring people flowers when they're doing something for me (just like Mom.)
It amazing what you can find on the side of the road, plus some lavender I took from a coffee shop's landscaping.
New window, I drove back to the lab to try and get some work done. Lee, our chemistry woman, wasn't here today so my questions about where to store and mix my chemistry - and developing - will have to wait til tomorrow. The big day!!
Gene showed me around the lab for where I might find a place to dry film. He showed me the cabinet where all the old darkroom and camera gear was stored, which I had a blast going through when he left me there. Lots of goodies to explore, including a Polaroid Land Camera that still had film in it. I took a few shots but they were pretty washed out from sitting in that camera for so long. And I made friends with a June Bug today.
Some people have started doing Zumba a few days a week, and today was that day. Shad and I were reading on the couches, and they pushed them aside for us without having to get up. It was fun to watch but I have a headache from trying to read and not be distracted, plus music, at the same time. Plus Under the Banner of Heaven is getting really deep into the story, which is pretty exhausting and terrifying.
![]() |
| Beautiful views.. of the refinery. |
![]() |
| Such variety around here. |
![]() |
| He's so cute and not so scary when you know their hissing is all for show. |
![]() |
| My gear is washed and ready to go. |
![]() |
| Multi-tasking. |





No comments:
Post a Comment